Ralph Anderson founded the firm in 1953. For his entire career, he concentrated on residential design, both single and multifamily. He was one of the Pacific Northwest’s leading residential designers.
Mr. Anderson was also nationally recognized for initiating historic renovation and preservation in Seattle. One of the first such movements in the Nation. His leadership and initiative convinced the local government of the merits of preserving the cities heritage. Local government responded with strong support through leadership, commitment of personnel and the infusion of significant public funding. Mr. Anderson is known nationally for his design excellence in residential architecture. His work was widely published over his career.